Why M1 Mac does not support Windows? There are ways to run Windows on a Mac
In recent years, there has been an increase in the number of people using MacBook computers. The sleek design of MacBook has garnered admiration from many. When purchasing a MacBook, there is an important consideration to keep in mind: M1 Macs are not compatible with Windows. In this article, we will explain the reasons why Windows cannot be used on M1 Macs and also provide a guide on how to run Windows on M1 Macs.
Why M1 Mac and not Windows?
When it comes to the choice of computer manufacturers, many people tend to use Windows-based PCs. However, in recent years, there has been an increase in the number of people using MacBook computers, perhaps due to their stylish appearance. When purchasing a MacBook, there is one important thing to note: Windows is not compatible with M1 Macs.
The reason for Windows being incompatible with M1 Macs is that currently all MacBooks being sold come in two variations – those with Apple’s M1 chip and those with Intel CPUs, known as Intel Macs. With Intel Macs, it is possible to use Windows 10 through BootCamp or Parallels Desktop, but Windows 11 is not supported.
The reason for this incompatibility lies in the TPM 2.0 (Trusted Platform Module) system requirement of Windows 11. The M1 MacBooks currently available do not have this feature enabled. As a result, both Windows 10 and Windows 11 are not supported on M1 Macs.
Apple made the switch from Intel CPUs to their custom-designed M1 chip. According to Apple, the M1 chip offers up to 2.8 times faster performance and up to 5 times faster graphics compared to previous MacBook Pro models. They claim that the performance of M1 MacBooks is equivalent to that of Core i9 processors.
However, the inability to use Windows on M1 Macs is undoubtedly a significant drawback. If you want to learn about mac dvd 作成, you can read this article.
How to run Windows on a M1 Mac?
There are several methods available to run Windows on an M1 Mac, even though there is no official announcement or support from Apple. Let’s go through each method:
Method 1: Run Windows 11 on ARM using Insider Preview and Parallels Desktop
By combining “Windows 11 on ARM” from Insider Preview and the “Virtual TPM module” from Parallels Desktop, it is possible to run Windows 11 on an M1 Mac.
Insider Preview – Windows 11 on ARM
Insider Preview is an evaluation and development program provided to individuals registered in the Windows Insider Program. As such, it is not available for purchase by the general public and may be challenging to navigate for evaluation and development purposes. Therefore, opting for Windows Server VPS instead of Windows 11 Insider Preview might be a better choice when using Windows on an M1 Mac.
Parallels Desktop – Virtual TPM module
Parallels Desktop is software that allows virtualization of a PC on a MacBook. It is compatible with both M1 Macs and Intel Macs, although it previously lacked support for Windows 11. However, with the virtual TPM module provided by Parallels Desktop, Windows 11 support is now available.
Installation Steps for Windows 11 on an M1 Mac
To install Windows 11 on an M1 Mac using Insider Preview and Parallels Desktop, follow these steps:
1. Create a Microsoft Account and register for the Windows Insider Program by visiting the Microsoft website and following the registration process.
2. Once you have created a Microsoft Account, stay signed in and access the Insider Program page. Accept the terms and conditions and click “Sign up now” to register for the Windows Insider Program.
3. After completing the registration, download the Windows 11 Insider Preview build (VHDX file).
4. Purchase and launch Parallels Desktop.
5. In the Parallels Desktop installation assistant, click “Continue.”
6. Select “New Installation” and click “Continue.”
7. The previously downloaded Windows 11 Insider Preview build (VHDX file) should be automatically detected. If not, click “Choose manually” and select the Insider Preview build.
8. Choose the primary purpose for using Windows and select “Continue.”
9. Enter a name for the virtual machine and click “Create.”
10. Wait for the installation to complete, and once it finishes, you can start using Windows 11 on your M1 Mac.
Method 2: Run Windows 11 on an M1 Mac using UTM
Another method involves using UTM, a virtualization tool based on QEMU, to run Windows 11 on an M1 Mac. The GitHub version is free, while the App Store version is available for $12.
To install Windows 11 on an M1 Mac using UTM, follow these steps:
1. Download UTM, preferably the GitHub version.
2. Launch UTM and drag it into the Applications folder. Additionally, download the ARM version of Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Server from the UTM interface.
3. Launch UTM and click the “+” button to create a new virtual machine.
4. Fill in the required information, select “Virtualize” over “Emulate” when prompted, and choose “Linux” as the operating system.
5. Choose the downloaded ISO file under “Boot ISO Image (optional).”
6. Customize the memory, CPU cores, storage, and other settings according to your preferences.
7. Click “Create” to finish the setup.
8. Download the ARM version of Windows 11 Insider Preview and open UTM.
9. Select the Windows option and choose the downloaded VHDX file.
10. Proceed with the setup, saving defaults for Linux.
11. It may take some time to import the VHDX file, but once the grayed-out options disappear, the installation is complete.
These methods provide ways to run Windows on an M1 Mac, giving users the flexibility to use both macOS and Windows software on the same machine.
How to copy DVD on M1 Mac with Windows
If you want to copy DVDs on an M1 Mac that can run Windows, then let’s make the most of it. Here, we will introduce a method to copy DVDs on an M1 Mac. If you want to copy DVDs, we recommend using “DVDFab DVD Copy for Mac.”
DVDFab DVD Copy for Mac is the ultimate software with excellent copy performance and processing speed. It is said to have a powerful copy guard and can easily copy Disney DVDs.
DVDFab DVD Copy for Mac also offers a free trial version, but by purchasing the unlimited version, you can keep updating it with the latest copy performance.
In this article, we introduced the reasons why Windows cannot be used on M1 Mac and methods to run Windows on M1 Mac. Although it is not an official method, there is a way to run Windows on M1 Mac. If you have purchased a MacBook but are having trouble because you can’t use Windows, or if you are considering buying one, please feel free to refer to the information provided. We also discussed how to mp4 dvd書き込み mac where Windows can be used.