Should You Buy the Honda CR-V? Read Our Review on the Compact SUV to Find Out
The Honda CR-V is an integral part of the compact SUV world, which defined a new vector for developing the family car segment. It is a compact recreational vehicle, as CR-V literally stands for Compact Recreational Vehicle.
The SUV is in the TOP 10 best-selling crossovers globally, competing with the Toyota RAV4 and Nissan Rogue. Over the years, the car has been awarded prizes and awards as the best family car, the world bestseller in the SUV segment, for the highest safety rating. It is not surprising that Gulf drivers often choose the CR-V.
Characteristics of Honda CR-V
The Honda CR-V is represented at insurance auctions in the USA in a large selection, as the model is in demand in the North American market. The Gulf market will not lose if they choose the fourth generation of the 2015-2016 model years and the fifth generation, produced since 2016.
The fourth-generation CR-V after restyling in 2014 is equipped with a 2.4-litre in-line engine with a capacity of 185 horsepower with the i-VTEC system, or a 120-horsepower 1.6-litre i-DTEC diesel with a 9-speed automatic transmission. The auctions feature front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive vehicles.
Invariants of the fifth generation, the choice of power units is wider:
- 2.4-liter naturally aspirated 188 hp;
- A new four-cylinder turbo engine with a volume of 1.5 litres, delivering 193 forces and 243 Nm of torque;
- Since 2019, a hybrid version of the Honda CR-V has been sold with a 2.0-litre gasoline engine and two electric motors with a total output of 215 hp.
The 1.5-litre unit accelerates faster than the 2.4-litre. The decrease in the working volume was also increased by the efficiency: the city’s consumption is 9.9 litres versus 10.3 litres for the 2.4-litre aspirated, 7.3 versus 7.6 litres are required on the highway.
Low fuel consumption is the merit of the intelligent Real-Time 4WD all-wheel-drive system. Under normal conditions, traction is transmitted to the front axle, when the front wheels slip, the rear wheels are automatically engaged to increase traction.Honda CRV is equipped with more responsive steering, allowing better coordination of the wheels’ position on the road. The finishing materials also differ:
Benefits of Honda CR-V
- Greater ground clearance;
- More powerful engine;
- Front bumper characteristic of SUVs;
- Laconism in the interior decoration;
- Navigation system;
- The right side camera Lane watch, which makes it easier to change lanes, manoeuvre in narrow places;
- Remote start of the motor.
The 5th generation crossover shares a new global platform with the 10th generation Honda Civic, adding 6mm in length and an additional 30mm wheelbase. The cabin is spacious, with plenty of room for the driver and passengers of any size.
Trunk volume – 522 litres, can be increased to 1084 litres. The indicator is not a record for the class, but the access is well organized: a wide opening, a low threshold, a high-rising door. The rear sofa’s backs can be easily folded using unique levers, and if you put the raised floor on the upper level, you get a flat platform.
What to Choose at Insurance Auctions
The Honda C-RV is a great family crossover with a spacious interior, large trunk and decent styling at a bargain price. You can buy a Honda CR-V in several trim levels: LX, EX, EXL, SE, Touring.
The basic configuration of the CR-V includes:
- 2-zone climate control;
- Keyless access to the salon and engine start;
- Rearview camera;
- Connection protocols for smartphones Apple CarPlay and Android Auto;
- Multimedia with a 7.0-inch touchscreen display and navigation (at the request of American buyers, the manufacturer returned the rotary volume control knob instead of the touch buttons.);
- A complete set of LED optics with a high beam automatic;
- Light-alloy 18-inch wheels;
- Heated front seats;
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors.
All trim levels, except for the basic LX, are equipped with an electric tailgate with adjustable lifting height and a hands-free function, as well as a set of electronic Honda Sensing driver assistants. The security complex includes blind-spot monitoring, autonomous emergency braking, adaptive cruise control, active lane control, and road sign recognition.
Inside the hybrid, instead of a gearshift lever, a set of buttons is installed to control the transmission and select the driving mode. The CR-V hybrid version has a redesigned centre console with wireless charging and two USB ports, a digital instrument cluster, and paddle shifters to adjust the recuperation system.