Pipe Relining: What Is It and What Are Its Benefits?
Pipe relining is a method used to repair old and damaged pipes. While traditional repair methods involve digging into the ground to replace broken pipes, this method does not need any digging or excavating. Pipe relining is growing in popularity in Australia, with many places offering quality relining services. However, you must trust only the reputed and experienced professionals for this such as The Relining Company.
People need to get in touch with a pipe relining company in Sydney offering repairs at affordable prices to get their pipes repaired. On the other hand, although relining has been available in Australia for a long time now, not much is known about it. So, how does pipe relining work and what are its benefits? Let’s take a quick look:
To put it simply, pipe relining or Cured-in-place piping installs a new pipe inside the old one without taking the repaired one out. So, if there is a damaged pipe, the first step to reline it starts with a professional examination of the type of damage. There are a lot of reasons why they get damaged, as there might be cracks, or tree roots could have intruded and caused damage, the pipe might have collapsed, joints might have misaligned, etc. After ascertaining the reason and extent of the problem using a camera, the professional moves to the next step, which is, cleaning the pipes. They are power-washed by hydro jets to remove dirt and other blockages. After, the cleaned pipes are ready for relining.
The process of relining involves inserting a new lining into the old pipe using access points. Meanwhile, the lining is made of materials like polyester and fibreglass. And afterwards, the correctly positioned tube filled with epoxy resin is cured and hardened in place, and it forms the new pipe.
Benefits of Pipe Relining
- The newly relined pipe is strong and smoother. It also has no joints, there is improved flow, and it handles pressure better.
- Other methods of pipe replacement involve digging up the ground and replacing broken pipes, and it is a labour-intensive process that costs a lot of time, energy and cost. Besides, excavating or working under buildings, gardens, and pools are very hard. The restoration process after fitting a new pipe also takes a lot of time. But with relining or cured-in-place piping, there is no excavation or digging required.
- It is the best way to repair pipes situated in hard to reach places since it uses access points to get to the damaged part.
- Relining is a comparatively quick process. And unlike traditional methods of replacing, which takes a lot of time, relining can be done fast.
- It is a cost-effective and affordable process. And hence, there is no expensive heavy machinery involved and no need for cleaning a large area and refilling dug up holes.
- Relined pipes last for a long time. It does not need to be replaced often as it stays the same for an extended period without damage.
- This method eliminates the problem of root intrusion. And since the relined pipe is seamless, there is no chance for any cracks or leaks.
- Iron, clay and concrete pipes face the problem of calcification. This term refers to the build-up of calcium that occurs inside pipes which causes issues like clogging in the plumbing system. Meanwhile, pipes relined with epoxy resin do not face calcification since their interiors are smooth.
- Relined pipes have better flow than pipes made from other materials. And since there is no build-up, water flows freely and at a faster rate. Besides, there is no chance for leaks in it since the pipe is free from cracks and breaks.
With all these benefits, relining is the best and affordable option to replace broken pipes. While traditional replacement methods cost a small fortune, the average cost of relining pipes in Sydney is only around $2,000 and $ 4,000. So the citizens of the city boasting the opera house, make sure to contact a pipe relining company in Sydney for more information on the process. Nevertheless, plumbing is the circulatory system of a house and maintaining it is a necessity beyond question.