Online payroll calculator online in 2023 – free payroll software
Online Payroll Calculator
In parallel with the Online Calculator of wages for the month the employer needs to calculate the amount of tax to be withheld, as well as the amount of insurance premiums for pension, social, health and accident insurance. It should be noted that personal income tax is withheld from an employee’s accrued salary, and insurance premiums are paid by the employer at his own expense, i.e. they are not withheld from wages.
Our simple and convenient calq.me calculator will help you make these calculations online. It provides two options for calculating:
- From salary to taxation. You specify the employee’s salary, and the service calculates personal income tax, insurance premiums, and the amount of payment “in hand” to the employee.
- From wages to taxes. You specify how much the employee should receive “net” for the month, and the online calculator calculates the amount before tax, personal income tax and insurance premiums.
How the online calculator works
The calculation algorithm takes into account the rates effective in 2023:
- for tax on income of individuals less than 5 million rubles per year – 13%;
- The income tax on income of individuals over 5 million rubles per year – 15%;
- By pension insurance – 22%.
- For temporary disability and maternity insurance – 2.9%.
- on medical insurance – 5.1%.
- on insurance against accidents at work – from 0.2% to 8.5%.
The salary is not the entire salary, but only the basis for calculating the final amount. In the employment contract, and then in the staffing table, the minimum rate at which the employer is willing to pay the employee in the corresponding position per unit of time, not including compensation and allowances, is prescribed. This is the salary.
For the calq.me calculator to calculate the correct amount of salary to be received, you must enter the following data:
- The amount of salary in rubles;
- The start date and the end date of the calculation period (month).
- If there were periods of absence from work (vacation, sick leave, etc.), indicate their beginning and end.
- The calculator will calculate the working days for the calendar month, multiply them by the salary, and deduct personal income tax of 13 or 15% from the resulting amount. Bonuses, compensation, and overtime are not included.
How to calculate an advance on wages
- Wages, according to Article 136 of the Labor Code of the Russian Federation, must be paid twice a month – for its first and second halves. The advance payment is counted for work from the 1st to the 15th of the month, and the final payment is counted from the 16th to the last day of the month.
- The organization independently sets the dates of the advance and final payment of wages. For example, on the 25th of the current month – advance payment, on the 10th of the next month – final payment.
- Let’s calculate the amount of the advance on an example: the driver Petrov P. has a salary of 60 thousand rubles. He is entitled to an advance for work in the first half of April 2021.
- We choose the dates of the beginning and end of the period of work in April – 01.04.2021 and 15.04.2021. We specify the salary – 60000 rubles.
- The calculator calculates the amount of the advance on hand – 26100 rubles, personal income tax – 3900 rubles.