Facilities you Will Find at a Modern Gym
It is a reflection of the global fitness trend to see so many gyms and fitness centres in Australian towns and cities, places where you can get into many different activities and disciplines and with professional guidance, you can smash your fitness goals.
Here are just some of the facilities that you would find in a top gym.
- Group Classes – Many people prefer to work out in a group, which is a lot more fun, plus you make friends. You’ve no doubt heard about Genesis Gym, a leading Australian company where you can join in one of their fitness classes or try a boot camp to kickstart you back into shape. Classes are at convenient times and once the trainer assesses your fitness level, you can join a class and get rid of that excess weight.
- Personal Trainer – You might be trying to become a pro athlete and want to hone yourself into a better player, or you have serious fitness goals (running a mini marathon for charity); hiring a PT will ensure that you set the right goals and follow a routine that is optimum. When the going gets tough, your PT is right beside you, pushing you to do another couple of reps and let’s face it, we all need that morale support when the muscles start to burn!
- Yoga – There will be at least one yoga instructor, depending on the demand and this is a discipline with so much to offer; physically, mentally and spiritually. There are several forms of this ancient Indian practice and everyone reports feeling better all round. There’s a lot of free info on the Internet about yoga and tune into some of the great YouTube videos to see how it is really done. Here is an interesting article about motivating workouts at home without any special equipment.
- Pilates – This revolutionary discipline is really taking off with middle aged people and there will be a few classes throughout the week, for different levels. Joining a class is a great way to meet like-minded people and expand your social circle and with a Google search, you can locate a nearby gym and take a free pass to experience some of their activities.
- Coaching – If you play a sport and are serious about developing your skills, the resident sports coach is the person to see. The coach can evaluate your performance and help you strengthen aspects of your game, making you a better player or competitor.
- Nutrition – A critical aspect of all round fitness and well-being is your diet and the gym would have a resident nutritionist who can help you plan the right intake of vitamins, minerals, carbs and proteins. The body does require specific elements, especially when you are looking to build muscle or develop stamina and with the right intake, you can really push yourself, knowing that you are consuming the right things.
Today’s gym takes a holistic approach to fitness and well-being and there are many different disciplines and services available. Here is some Australian government information about physical and mental health, which we should all read.