Chanting Hanuman Chalisa Can Do Wonders
Numerous people worldwide chant Hanuman Chalisa as part of their daily routine. It is said to be one of the most powerful devotional hymns (stotra) dedicated to Lord Rama’s devotee, Hanuman. Tulsidas wrote it in Awadhi, and it is his most well-known text, aside from the Ramcharitmanas. The word “Chalisa” is derived from Hindi word “chalis,” which means “forty.” The Hanuman Chalisa contains 40 Chaupais (verses) excluding the couplets at the beginning and at the end.
Anyone can read the Hanuman Chalisa. One should read Hanuman Chalisa after taking a bath in the morning. Those who read after sunset should wash their hands, feet, and face first.
Reading the Hanuman Chalisa is also widely believed to have numerous benefits among Hindus. Some of the benefits of reading Hanuman Chalisa include,
- It is believed that reciting Hanuman Chalisa writ Lord Hanuman’s assistance in critical situations and aids in warding off evil spirits and negative energies.
- More often than not, devotees chant the Hanuman Chalisa on Tuesdays and Saturdays for peace and prosperity.
- Reciting Hanuman Chalisa on Saturdays reduces the effects of Sade Sati and helps those suffering from that Grah Dasha.
- Placing Hanuman Chalisa under the pillow aids in the elimination of nightmares. Furthermore, chanting Hanuman Chalisa assists in combating the trauma of hurtful experiences in life.
- Many people read the Hanuman Chalisa to eliminate the karmic consequences of Prarabdha (bad deeds done in the past).
- Reading the Hanuman Chalisa provides people with the divine protection of Lord Hanuman.
- Lastly, if people driven by Saturn recite Hanuman Chalisa regularly, they can achieve enlightenment, in addition to gaining wisdom and spiritual knowledge.
So, keep chanting Hanuman Chalisa. It is beneficial in a variety of ways other than those mentioned above!