5 Simple Mediterranean Diet Meal Prep Recipes for the Holidays
The holidays are a great time to have fun and reconnect with family and friends. Meals form part of the holiday tradition for most families. However, people struggle with portion control during holiday parties or family gatherings because they want to eat everything they see on their plates.
This is where Mediterranean meals come into play. It’s not just about eating healthily but also about slowing down, getting rid of bad habits, and enjoying life more fully. For those who have never heard about the Mediterranean diet, this might be the best time to try it out.
This holiday is the perfect time to try out Mediterranean meals and enjoy the health benefits of these tasty meals. Following a Mediterranean diet can help you lose weight, lower your cholesterol levels, and reduce your risk of developing certain types of cancer. The Mediterranean diet menu includes plenty of options for everyone’s liking, and there are many different dishes you can make with ingredients from Mediterranean diet meal delivery.
If you’re feeling a little overwhelmed this holiday season, rethink the holidays by incorporating these simple Mediterranean meal prep recipes into your healthy diet!
Mediterranean Meals: Perfect Holiday Meals
The holidays are the time for family gatherings and delicious, hearty meals. It’s good news that the meals you have to prepare or buy could be both delicious and healthy. Here are some of the best Mediterranean meals you can cook or get through a Mediterranean diet meal delivery service that will suit the holidays’ festive taste!
1. Baked Fish With Garlic and Lemon
If you love a good fish dinner, this dish is for you! It’s full of flavor but doesn’t take long to make. The lemon juice gives the fish a nice, tangy flavor while offering many health benefits. This recipe allows you to use any white fish, including tilapia and cod. Here is a quick, simple recipe for baked fish with garlic and lemon that you can leverage for the holidays:
- Start by placing lemon slices in a baking dish
- Next is to season your fish with pepper and salt and place them on top of the lemon slices
- Melt some butter and mix it well with lemon zest and garlic
- Using a kitchen brush or spoon spread it on top of the fish
- Place the baking dish in the oven for about 10-15 minutes or until cooked to your liking
As simple as that, and your dinner will be ready!
2. Lemon Pasta
Lemon pasta is an easy, healthy, and delicious meal. The lemon pasta is one of those dishes that can be thrown together quickly and is full of flavor. This lemon pasta is tossed with fresh spinach, zest, and red pepper flakes, then topped with Parmesan cheese.
- Start by pre-boiling your spaghetti
- Add garlic, lemon juice, and zest in a separate cooking pot with hot oil
- Add parmesan cheese or omit it if you’re making a vegan dish
- You can add pasta water to the cooking pot to bring out some starch and cheese for a non-vegan meal
- Thoroughly stir the mixture and allow it to simmer
- Add the cooked spaghetti and combine it well with the mixture
- You can toss it with the vegetables and spices of your choice, like spinach and red pepper flakes
- Proceed to serve and enjoy your meal
3. Roast Lamb
This recipe features a garlic-infused lamb roast, roasted potatoes, and carrots in a tomato sauce with herbs and spices. The entire dish is cooked in a slow cooker, so it’s perfect for easy meal prep!
Your Mediterranean diet meal delivery can also deliver precooked lamb to hasten the meal prep process. This recipe is easy to follow and will be a hit at your next family gathering. Check it out:
- Ensure you preheat the oven first to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Use Aluminium foil to line the roasting pan
- For better results, ensure you dry the lamb with paper towels. Proceed to score the lamb by making shallow slashes using a sharp knife all over the top side of the lamb
- Mix rosemary, thyme, garlic, pepper, Dijon, and salt in a bowl
- Place the fat side of the lamb in the roasting pan
- Apply the garlic mixture evenly to the lamb (to infuse all the ingredients, thoroughly massage them into the scored cuts)
- Roast it in an oven for approximately 1 hour 30 minutes, or until your desired doneness
- After it’s well cooked, remove it from the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes before slicing
- Serve with it veggies and starch of your liking
4. Mediterranean Baked Chicken
The Mediterranean diet is about eating a wide range of foods, with lots of fruits and vegetables and plenty of lean meat, olive oil, and fresh herbs.
One thing that sets this recipe apart from others is that it’s baked rather than sauteed, making it easier to prepare without using too much oil or heating up your kitchen too much while cooking.
The recipe on the Mediterranean food list is full of delicious flavors and super quick to make. Plus, it’s low in carbs and high in protein! It makes a delightful dinner that will satisfy any cravings for Mediterranean flavors! Here’s the recipe:
- Mix one cup of olive oil with six minced garlic cloves, one teaspoon dried thyme, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- Pour one cup of marinade into a sizable and resealable plastic bag. Inside the resealable bag, mix the chicken, close it, and shake it well to cover it in the coating. Allow it to chill at least for one hour in the fridge.
- Cover the remaining marinade well and keep it chilled.
- While the chicken is still marinating, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange lemon slices in your baking trays. Drain the chicken from the marinade and throw away the package.
- Place the chicken over lemon slices. Bake at 165 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes while covered.
5. Italian Seasoned Shrimp
Shrimp is always delicious, but adding some Italian seasoning makes it even more special! You can use any type of shrimp here, but most people like large Gulf shrimp because they are less expensive than other varieties.
The flavor will still be delicious even if you don’t have as many shrimp (or if you don’t like shrimp). These shrimp are flavored with lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and parsley for an Italian flavor that will please even your pickiest palate! You can use your Mediterranean diet meal delivery to take advantage of this diet. It is a great way to eat healthily or lose weight. Here’s a quick air fryer recipe that you can try:
- Ensure you start by cleaning the shrimp
- Next is removing the shells and the veins from the shrimp
- Apply your desired mixture of spices to the shrimp
- Place the shrimp in the basket or rack in your air fryer
- Cook it for eight minutes, and serve it with your favorite vegetables and carbs
Give your holidays an exciting Mediterranean twist with various recipes, and enjoy the bright flavors of Mediterranean food. These recipes are easy to implement and guarantee you and your family health benefits, convenience, and affordability.
Most people around the world love the Mediterranean diet. It’s based on Mediterranean foods, including those from Greece, Italy, Spain, Turkey, and North Africa.
The recipes above are simple meals that you can prepare ahead of time for the busy holiday season. They will make your life easier by reducing the stress on your time, energy, and money because you won’t have to worry about cooking each night.
You can order precooked meals or supplies from a reputable Mediterranean diet meal delivery service and enjoy a healthy, fresh, and delicious Mediterranean diet for weight loss or vitality. Ordering Mediterranean diet meal delivery will ensure that you get all of the nutrients you need for a healthy and balanced holiday meal plan.